This Paraguayan cross-sectoral roundtable brings together the sectors of industry, production, inputs, consumption, and civil society organizations. They add up 21 leading members of the local beef value chain:
The MPCS is part of the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB, Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef). This is a multisectoral and strategic platform where the main sectors involved come together to work on the sustainability of the global value chain.
Among our main activities we have:
- The MPCS works in the process of formalization and registration of the civil statutes, in the definition of technical issues, principles and criteria harmonized with Paraguay.
- In addition, it advances in the organization of the First Sustainable Beef Forum to be held in Asunción at the beginning of 2019.
- In 2019 the identification of model farms will be carried out, the development of indicators and means of verification will continue. Work will be carried out in the promotion and dissemination of sustainable practices, in the preparation of technical manuals, the organization of field trips, the development of incentives and the promotion of markets.
- By 2020, the application of sustainable practices applied in medium and large establishments is envisaged, and along the entire value chain, the application of incentives, such as productive, reputational, credit, tax , etc.
- The Paraguayan roundtable is requesting to host the next Global Sustainable Beef Assembly of 2020. The previous Assemblies were held in Brazil (2014), Canada (2016) and Ireland (2018).
2019 / January
Communiqué before debate on deforestation in the western region
2018 / 0CTober
MPCS participates as a member of the Global Assembly on Sustainable Beef (Ireland)
2018 / may
Creation of the Technical Committee for the national adaptation of principles and technical criteria.
2018 / april
Consensus of sectors on technical definitions.
Integration of the Paraguayan Roundtable to the GRSB.
2018 / february
Formation of the first work commissions: Legal Affairs and Communication. Membership application to the GRSB.
2017 / november
First workshop held as a roundtable constituted with the participation of the various sectors that debate on topics of common interest.
2017 / october
Constitution of the roundtable with the approval of the Regulation. Election of the first Board of Directors.
2017 / august
Participation and commitment of all sectors of the production chain through the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding, 17 representatives of the productive and industrial sectors signed, suppliers of inputs and services, retailers, restaurants and supermarkets and civil society organizations, as well as as from the public sector, in an observer nature.
Support for the Vision, Mission and scope of the GRSB.
Support to Principles and Criteria of the GRSB.
2017 / julio
Systematic meetings of the MPCSI to move forward in the process of forming the MPCS. The integration to the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB) was evaluated based on the revision of its principles and values.
2015 - 2016
The first conversations about the initiative were made.